My friend Vicki who is a facebook addict sent me this link (here is her profile pic, thinking this may give an indication to what she likes) and I thought it was brilliant. Basically what you do is this;
The rules: Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you. List the first 15 you can recall in no more than 15 minutes. Then show your friends and they can tell you how much they love them to or if they think they are crap.
Here were my answers, in no particular order, so must get reviewing these.
1. Persuasion – Jane Austen
2. A Room with a View – E M Forster
3. English Passengers – Matthew Kneale
4. Suite Francaise – Irene Nemirovsky
5. Star of the Sea – Joseph O Connor
6. Penmarric or the Wheel of Fortune (I dont know) – Susan Howatch
7. Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
8. Cloud Atlas – David Mitchell
9. Vernon God Little – DBC Pierre
10. Jonathan Coe – The Rotters Club
11. Ghosts of Spain – Giles Tremlett
12. The Poisonwood Bible – Barbara Kingsolver
13. Daughter of Fortune – Isabelle Allende
14.The City of Falling Angels – John Berendt
15. Have forgotten the final one that I woke up this morning thinking about – know that is cheating.
Now add your list or come up with other amazing titles of lists we could do, am thinking of best holiday/location books, historical novels, etc. Then we can have hours of fun debate about them without having to go to a book club with boring people reading books you hate (Anne Enright – The Gathering = depressing)